- Rosa Wilson said she liked Hillary Rodham Clinton's "quiet strength."
- Roy Powell, 19, a first-time voter, called Barack Obama "humble and approachable."
- "John's got the Lord in him," Evelyn E. Dogan, 81, said of John Edwards.
- Thomas Downing, 70, said, "It's not the time to elect a woman."
- Ammie Bennett, 45, said she would choose "when I step into the voting booth."
Obama Wins South Carolina Primary
“We have the most votes, the most delegates, and the most diverse coalition of Americans we’ve seen in a long, long time.”