Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Question for Mankiw

I came across the following comment on a post at Mankiw's;

I have a question for all you guys, I really enjoy economics and finance, both as a "sport" and a lifetime career. I graduated honors from the economics degree (3.50 of 4.00), which demonstrate that I am pretty good at the basic concepts and theory but terrible, I mean terribe, big time terrible. It as like a B on Statistics and an F and an C average on Math and Calculus. I first thought that I could be from my dylexic periods but now I see that simply I am terrible at it,

Can I still be an economist and be bad on Math? If not how can I apply my excellent knowledge on economics?

The question is the following "Is economics for me"

1 comment:

Gabriel M said...

Even thought the answer might be "no" (it probably is), I'm still trying to go for it.

For people in our situation, two things should be avoided: 1) buying heterodox stuff, just because it's math-free; 2) giving up trying to understand (I find that after the 5th, full-attention read, I "get it", even if it takes 3 reads for others).